Sunday, December 03, 2006

Seating arrangements

A little while ago I posted about the great time we had at my friend’s bridal shower:

http://momandmama.blogspot.com/2006/10/pary-with-ann-coulter-clones.html

The wedding was this weekend, and I was just a little bit apprehensive about it. She is an Episcopal priest, and was being married by the bishop of the diocese. Archbishop Tutu’s daughter was the matron of honor. I couldn’t help but think – this is going to go on for forever.

Well, we had a great time. And she sat me and my wife right up front at her fancy reception. She had too. Years ago, she went to a wedding where all the people of color were sat in a corner. She’s African American and she was a bit irked. So when I got married, she said, “I’ll come to your wedding, but you better not put me in the corner.” When we were making out the seating arrangements, I sat her first – in the front.

So when she got married, I said, “You know where you have to seat me.” She returned the favor. We were right next to the Bishop. Congratulations Jamie and Karen.

On a totally different note, I got into law school. I’m not sure if I want to go. I’m thinking, it’s got to be easier than being a stay at home mom.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Way to go!

Rhea said...

Mary, is it you?
Rhea
The Boomer Chronicles
http://www.thegeminiweb.com/babyboomer/index.php