Sunday, February 04, 2007

Bring on the straight jacket

Boston Maggie tagged me with this Meme: 6 weird things about yourself

I'm pretty weird, so I'm not sure if she knew what she got herself into, but here it goes:

Six weird things about me


  1. I am not a vegetarian, but chicken completely skeeves me out. I won’t touch it or eat it. However, if it is in a dish, and I don’t know it, I usually like the way it tastes.
  2. I totally love this ridiculous blog: http://www.cuteoverload.com/
  3. I use to belly dance. At the height of my belly dancing career, I danced in front of 200 hundred lesbians. They screamed and hollered and stood on chairs during the performance. People tell me that I looked perfectly calm, but I was scared to death that I was about to get mauled by a bunch of sexed up lesbos.
  4. When I was very young and very drunk, I got a really large tattoo on my hip. It’s a tough looking tattoo of a woman’s head that is the handle of a sword. Her neck elongates out into the blade. I immediately regretted it when I sobered up.
  5. Per my wife – Every night, I get into bed, and then get out of bed to put on socks, and then get back in, then get out of bed to put on pants, and then get into bed, and then get out of bed to take the pants off. Eventually, I kick off the socks too. I do this every night.
  6. The very weirdest thing about me is that I have an alternative life that runs in my head. I mean it actually plays like a movie, and I feel like I have very little control of it. In my alternate life, I was adopted by a couple of gay men and grew up in the Castro district of San Francisco.


I am suppose to tag six people. Here are four to start. I think of a couple more:
I am going to tag Keith at http://www.sickoffood.com/ and

Rhea at the Boomer Chronicles

Kim at Madd Babies

Robin at the Other Mother

4 comments:

Rhea said...

I remember the tatoo incident. I lived through it! GUESS WHAT? I already got tagged with the Weird things. Here are my answers:
http://www.thegeminiweb.com/babyboomer/?p=495

Rhea

googiebaba said...

That's right - you were there. You were my very brave roommate. I don't know what you were thinking when you let me live in your nice house.

I also remember that you were into crop circles. I wonder since you already did this, does this mean I need to tag three other people?

BostonMaggie said...

You are a riot!
BTW, I took belly dancing, a six week class and I did it twice. That's how I found out I liked yoga.

Jen from Boston said...

Where's the new post? I'm checking up on you:) I want to hear more posts about your parallel universe. love, jen